Recently Microsoft showed how Dynamics 365 for Sales and Dynamics for Finance and Operations work seamlessly together across the prospect to cash flow. And as Microsoft Dynamics experts we see the potential of Microsoft bringing those products together as one flow.
But what we see at lots of companies is that the ‘prospect to cash’ flow within each company is different. The flow is more or less the same for companies offering and producing standardized products, but if you offer custom products, the sales process needs the ability to adapt.
So when you’re offering custom products, the standard prospect to cash flow within Dynamics 365 can’t meet challenges such as:
- Most of the relevant data for a quote is product and pricing data, and is only available in Dynamics 365 for Operations and Finance, not Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- For most business creating a quote involves complex items and prices. You need validations, calculations, and dependencies that aren’t available in Dynamics.
- You want your custom quotes and proposal to look uniform, professional, and attractive, but options are limited with Dynamics.
Prospect to Cash
Quoting and Proposing with e-Con CPQ
e-Con CPQ solves those challenges for business:
- You can launch and use e-Con directly in Dynamics 365 for Sales, and instantly use all needed data from from both Finance and Operations and Sales for a quote.
- e-Con CPQ logic and rules ensure customer demands are transformed into correct product combinations and prices.
- e-Con CPQ document generation capabilities create uniformed and rich document in seconds.
Just as important, everything is integrated and stored in Dynamics 365 for Sales, so you always have an updated pipeline. All follow up activities can be done from Dynamics 365 Sales.
Financing and Operating with e-Con CPQ
A second step in a prospect to cash process is to convert the quote into an order when you win the deal. Microsoft’s Common Data Service supports the process to synchronise a quote and order into Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. While this support works for simple static products, most business are working with customer-specific demands, so the world of sales and operations is a bit different.
Custom products in Dynamics 365 Sales are a bit different than standard products in Dynamics 365 for Sales, and the same for Dynamics 365 for Operations. e-Con CPQ delivers an Intelligent mechanism to transform your sales quote into relevant data such as custom orders, bills of materials, routings, and more in Operations. e-Con CPQ tightly integrates the entire prospect to cash process. Submitting the quote or sales order from Sales to Operations will also trigger e-Con’s rules engine to convert the order into relevant information and documentation needed for Operations, like projects, boms, routings, and more.
With e-Con CPQ you enter custom specs/needs one time. e-Con converts this into a producible or deliverable product or service, including all documentation needed for production and fulfilment. e-Con unifies Dynamics 365 for Sales and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations to create an intelligent, unified prospect to cash flow.
e-Con CPQ is working with Dynamics 365 so closely that you can configure anything. This document sums up the 20 most common applications you could use e-Con CPQ for.