Every order can involve a huge number of variants, and design and overseas fabrication issues can impact price and delivery. That’s just a glimpse. The e-Con Sales and Product Configurator transforms those challenges into strengths that lead to more deals, lower costs, and higher margins.
Innovation and change are keywords for printing, packaging, and apparel industries. New technologies make it possible to offer a vast range of designs and options. Consumers are more demanding than ever—many expect to see fresh options every week. Series are small, which can lead to higher costs and pricing. To stay competitive, many companies are moving fabrication to countries with lower labor costs, but working with overseas production in China, India, and Pakistan adds to the load of information that’s needed to maintain quality and timely delivery.
e-Con: designed for a global marketplace
Your company may be looking for tools that can quickly capture customer needs, do accurate costing, help support make or buy decisions, and help ensure you work effectively with different production locations to balance speed, quality, and cost. You need more than information about items, bills of materials, and routings: in many cases, you’re also dealing with language and cultural challenges when it comes time to produce goods. The e-Con Sales and Product Configurator may be the “package” you need. It’s a solution people will want to use, simply because it’s so intuitive, and covers the full range of industry-specific needs:
- A rules-driven questionnaire with obligatory fields helps salespeople and customers ensure product specifications cover every detail needed.
- Validation rules protect against “product impossible” configurations, minimizing errors and production delays.
- Rich visualization and documentation capabilities dissolve language barriers and give people clear instructions that ensure your product is exactly what your customer wants; no confusions.
- e-Con’s rich ERP integration lets users compute real-time costs using materials- and machine costs from Microsoft Dynamics and other ERP solutions.
- e-Con also can present multiple costing variants based on series and production location.
- Results can be pushed to (Microsoft Dynamics) CRM or ERP for quick generation of all information needed to purchase and produce goods, whether they’re done in-house or outsourced.