Manufacturers and resellers of medical systems, prosthetics, and orthopedics share a common mission: Delivering products and solutions that change, even save, people’s lives. Businesses that successfully produce and sell medical products know that the smallest error can be a matter of life and death. You set the highest standards. At the same time, you need to turn a profit. Customers benefit from astonishing technology innovations, and so should you. But quotes and orders can involve a jungle of parameters. Our configurator gives you the control you need to balance product integrity and profitability.
Below, you’ll find several medical system offerings that illustrate specific needs for a sales and product configurator. Your business may focus on different goods, but there are common threads—so our examples are followed by a concise listing of the capabilities and benefits that e-Con can bring to many businesses.
Injury instrument and products
The world of injury instruments and products has one need common to all goods: the ability to measure any part of the human body with absolute precision, for many scenarios. Companies may offer instruments used by hospitals and medical professionals for actual surgical procedures. Or products that improve quality of life after injury. Medical instrument businesses also specialize in short- or long-term solutions for spine, feet, ankle, hip or other areas.
No two bodies are identical—of course. Initial measurements combine both standard and custom specifications. The same goes for:
- The specific reasons for measurement
- General and specific needs
- Details for an accident or injury
- Descriptions and time-frames for procedures, recovery time, long-term use
Requirements and specifications can be long, dense, with combinations and assortments impossible to list by hand. e-Con eliminates the burden of complexity. Standard products and all possible customizations, combinations, and assortments can be configured and tailored using a simple, visual process. Measurements of variable details are precisely mapped to current pricing. We even go beyond combining and configuring data input to automated suggestions that improve offerings.
Prosthetic instruments and products
Prosthetic solutions have become far more intelligent than people—whether someone has lost an ear or a leg, solutions can be smart enough to mold into natural skin or equip a leg amputee to run a marathon. If your configurator accounts for all variables, you have the potential to transform quality of life for many people.
But innovation is essential. Specifically, innovation offered in a configurator like e-Con can transform a person’s life, and a company’s success, if size surface, movement, temperature, even hair texture is accounted for. As the company using e-Con, you’ll be equipped for success as well. Quotes can reflect every detail your customer needs for the knee to foot that wins the race. Efficient orders, best suppliers, BOMs and routing—from lead to production, you can work for the greater good and still turn a profit.
Orthopedic instruments and products
If you produce and sell any device that helps correct, support, or relieve joints, you may be more popular in certain customer circles than a rock star. Hospitals, doctor offices, and other professional practices are busy writing prescriptions for semi orthopedics–lean, light, custom-fit knee braces, wrist splints, orthotics, orthopedic shoes…again, a long list that relieves pain and corrects problems for people. “Custom” is sometimes more standard, limited to different models, sizes, materials. But you’ve still got to input thousands of possible variables and be ready to configure assortments, combinations, and special orders. Configurators such as e-Con vastly simplify complex modeling and configurations for product teams. That information can be filtered into a sale experience that can happen on a laptop or smart phone interface. Both product and sales configuration helps improve the speed and quality of order processing and the flow into production.
Rheumatic instruments and products
Rheumatic illnesses can affect all areas of the body, in particular with joints that swell up and then shrink. Medical companies can help—for examples with sophisticated foot products and shoes that can help prevent shape distortions, tear injuries, and other problems. These products can mean the difference between an illness that affects balance and movement, and assurance that a patient can literally move forward with hope. For example, shoes and other equipment can be tailored to very exacting measurements, so a company needs to meet very exacting specifications and still create quotes that don’t involve laborious customization notes and “we’ll get back to you”. e-Con can hold a vast array of requirements that appear quickly as options for quotes—always exact, always current. You can be known as the company that produces some of the finest foot products available on the market for rheumatic issues.
Configuring sales and product success for medical systems with e-Con
The e-Con Sales and Product Configurator is designed to meet a critical need for your market niche, delivering tools that support controlled margins, efficient processes, and high-quality offerings.
- At any time, you can configure and validate systems, software, and hardware against constraints set up in the e-Con rules engine.
- Your sales force and product specialists will be quickly guided to systems, products, and assortments that your company can produce and deliver. Automated suggestions and prompts prevent errors ranging from incorrect measurements to the wrong product for an injury.
- The e-Con rules engine can handle inclusions and exclusions for options, hardware, and software that must be added, installation specifications, training services, discounts, promotions, and much more.
- For salespeople, the rules engine enables them to offer optimal products mapped to accurate pricing in seconds. Any documentation needed to complete an offer can be generated using customizable templates.
- Quotes can be converted instantly into orders and sent to the ERP system, fueling quick processing and timely production.
- Customer information is centrally stored and can be accessed and modified with a few mouse clicks.
- If an order changes, that information is available to the entire ecosystem, helping avoid production errors and costly delays.
- e-Con’s flexibility extends to new products and services. With the e-Con Studio, new options and products can be added and maintained by users who don’t need extensive programming experience.