High tech and electronics manufacturers and distributors face the need to constantly expand into new markets and capture customers whose loyalty can be fickle in the face of continuous innovation. Adding to that challenge is product complexity. Whether you sell or produce very sensitive sensors, mano meters, hardness testers, car audio of high end kitchen machines, you need to manage a large number of options, rules, and calculations. Country-specific regulations impact possible choices. Marketing also affects models, options, and promotions you want to make available to specific segments.
Your industry is constantly enhancing and extending product lines. You need to ensure that sales channels can reach all possible worldwide opportunities. Servicing customers and partners in this environment requires worldwide brand presence, multi-level relationship tracking, and web self-service—to name just a few requirements. It’s a real challenge to ensure that customers receive the best products for their needs when those products are often sold, installed, and serviced through remote channels.
- Sales managers need precise forecasts and must stay current with channel trends if they’re to work effectively with sales reps and keep business plans on track.
- Your customers expect you to generate orders quickly and get orders right—and change orders quickly when needed. They expect also that your products reflect the latest technology innovations and production processes.
- Internal processes need to always map to the products you sell—sales, engineering, and production departments need to work as a well-honed ecosystem.
- Salespeople need mobility, not to mention the ability to work online or offline. Customers simply expect that they can request and access orders online, 24/7, and request support through online channels.
- Of course, you need a strong return on investment for innovation, so even if products and processes change, you need to minimize costs and ensure healthy margins.
e-Con: Meet customers quickly and accurately
Here’s the solution to a sizable number of challenges: a sales and product configurator that advises sales teams working in all locations, using a wide range of channels and devices, about what products will fit a given customer’s needs best. e-Con also enables companies to standardize even volatile products—saving enormous amounts of time and overhead for all teams.
- Products can be configured and updated using an intuitive design studio, with templates, wizards, and forms that streamline the process of working with thousands of variables.
- e-Con Guided Selling gives sales all available product lines so they can choose the correct make and model. Precise specifications are shown as well.
- A strong rules engine ensures that sales people and customers select options and accessories that you’ve set up as feasible.
- All teams can be confident that information is complete and up to date. e-Con integrates fully with Microsoft Dynamics ERP so that all information and changes related to products, quotes, orders, and more are updated and synchronized, whether the user is working in e-Con or the ERP system.
- Quotes generated in e-Con can be pushed to (Dynamics) ERP or CRM in seconds and converted to production orders—including BOMs, items, and routings.
- Sales can access information and create quotes using tablets, smart phones, web browsers, or an offline client.
- e-Con calculates all essential data for costing, pricing, weight, and other variables in real time.
e-Con is an ideal fit for an industry that lives in a world of constantly changing products and a wide customer reach.