The reach of technology affects nearly everyone today—there are a barrage of debates about the impact but no one can argue with innovations that help people keep moving, literally, after they’ve been limited after an injury, TIA, sport incident, etc.
e-Con Solutions is ready and able to help you trust the tools that keep medical systems companies current with innovations. Our configurators enable you to input changes quickly, and more important, manage the design, production, and sales process of custom mobility products. We can also help you create products that are affordable and covered by insurance.
You may work with many software tools that help you transform custom demands into quality products. Here’s a glimpse of just a few products that rely on sales and product configuration:
Stair lifts have moved from being affordable on ly to the wealthy to a product that people with even minimal financial resources use. That’s fabulous news—and also more than a wrinkle that needs to be filled for design and production.
Here’s an example of just one path:
- What’s the “luxury” class for the lift? Leather chair, arm rests, stylish designs down to very simple models that still need to be attractive and comfortable.
- Do you have exacting information about the user—not only physical specifications, but how often he plans to use the chair at what speed, perhaps different angles?
- You’ll have the challenge that causes all brows to wrinkle—every stair has a curve, some have many, and they all need to be customizable without requiring changes to specifications that eat into profit margins. At the same time, your lift needs to hug the rail and move into the curve with precision.
- Mobility for your sales team can be as critical as the customer’s needs. Sales reps usually go to the customer’s house—the client can’t move around easily and sales will want to see the stairs. Mobile and offline capabilities let the rep enter all data on the spot and configure a complete quote, with accurate parts and pricing.
The e-Con Sales and Product Configurator holds all the requirements in the rules engine. Guided selling, mobile access on multiple devices, and offline access if needed is right at hand. Customers can watch the product being built on a visual interface and view dynamic pricing. That can mean closing the deal in one visit, leaving an excited customer and going back to the office with assurance you’ve stuck to margins and product possibilities, which means a profitable sale.
Even the most standard wheelchairs have hundreds of variations in today’s market—and “ready for order” is the mantra you need to succeed. Whether salespeople are configuring a single chair or multiple quotes for volume orders, they need quick access to well-organized options that save time while tailoring products. For example the ability to adapt a chair to meet needs for an amputee is just one type of many customizations your configurator can simplify. In addition:
- There’s intensity and purpose for use: chairs are wheeling through retirement homes to Paralympics—mobility goes everywhere.
- After you’ve got the model in play you’ll need to choose from all the options for materials and parts—and users need the ability to create combinations with a few taps.
- Sometimes a model will involve adapting a chair for special body needs—whether someone is simply a senior citizen or experienced severe injury, you need to ensure their comfort and mobility.
Too many variables, not enough time to configure—customers want all a feast of wheelchair options in record time. e-Con can house thousands of variables, ensure they emerge as accurate and feasible options, and make selling easy with an intuitive interface that works on multiple devices.
Scooters involve all the complexities you’ll find for producing wheelchairs—plus intense focus on the engine that powers the scooter. Scooters have become a “joyride” for many, many people who otherwise could not get around by themselves. Now they’ve got mobility that can take them anywhere, at any speed. Along with options and custom adjustments found in the wheelchair industry, companies work with engines that can become quite intricate, from speed controller to joystick to continuous innovations for motors. In a sense, working with scooters is like being a part of the automotive industry—choice, change, and speedy access to options are essential.
Sales in the industry are increasing, part from older customers, part from people who have the means (or insurance) to increase mobility and quality of life. It’s a booming industry, but so are all verticals who work with medical and mobility systems. Your customers are using technology that’s transforming their lives—you can use it to transform speed, cost, and quality for your business.
The Role of the e-Con Sales and Product Configurator for the Living Mobility Industry
The e-Con Sales and Product Configurator is designed to meet a critical need for your market niche, delivering tools that support controlled margins, efficient processes, and high-quality offerings.
- At any time, you can configure and validate systems, software, and hardware against constraints set up in the e-Con rules engine.
- Your sales force and product specialists will be quickly guided to systems, products, and assortments that meet specific customer parameters, based on automated prompts and questions.
- The e-Con rules engine can handle Inclusions and exclusions for options, hardware and software that must be added, installation specifications, training services, discounts, promotions, and much more.
- Any documentation needed to complete an offer can be generated using customizable templates.
- Quotes can be converted instantly into orders and sent to the ERP system, fueling quick processing and timely production. Customer information is centrally stored and can be accessed and modified with a few mouse clicks.
- If an order changes, that information is available to the entire ecosystem, helping avoid production errors and costly delays.